Private Prague Castle Walking Tour – 3 hours
One private walking tour covering all the Prague castle and Charles bridge with highlights of secret gardens.
Highlights and Themes
- Small groups with a private guide
- The story of Charles Bridge and the Prague Castle
- Church of St. Nicholas and Nerudova street
- Detailed stories of Prague’s most famous heroes and villains
- Church of Our Lady under the Chain, founded by a Crusader Order - Templars
- Old Castle Steps, with vineyards, buskers and breathtaking views of the city
- Old Royal Palace, home to indoor jousting tournaments, coronations and defenestrations
- Golden Lane, Daliborka, and view of the Stag Moat (entry included)
- St George’s Square with St George’s Basilica (entry included)
- Old Royal Palace and St Vitus Cathedral, named after a saint fried in oil, infamous for inducing dancing mania (entry included)
Current prices and availabilities are published on our online reservation system.
Walks can be booked daily year around! When booking just select your desired time.
Private tour commences at client’s accommodation address 10 min prior to tour time selected please when booking have your full hotel name and address for us so we can send the guide to the right place to meet you.
Meet your private guide at your accommodation. From there we will head to the center of Prague we take a short walk through the narrow cobblestone streets to the Charles Bridge where we’ll cross one of Prague’s three main attractions and become history in the making by following the routes of kings, queens and noblemen! After making our way across this masterpiece we will stop to admire the austere majesty of Our Lady under the Chain, a church and monastery founded by the Templars on their way to the holy land. After we will see the Church of St. Nicholas and Nerudova street as we head towards the Prague castle area we will see the Hradčanské square with many palaces like the Archbishop's palace and Schwarzenberg palace to name a few.
Finally, it is time to ascend to the Castle via the old steps. As we walk up the hillside to discover some lovely hidden gardens and our last sights of the walk in the castle area we see the marvellous views of the city beneath us. We continue to savour the grandeur of its more well-known neighbour, Old Royal Palace, the oldest structure in the Castle area, a place that have served for coronations, indoor jousting tournaments, banana markets and defenestrations – the practice of throwing people out through a window, a term coined by the Czechs! Then stories on the amazing palaces in the area of Rosenberg, Lobkowicz and Burgrave’s where you’ll learn stories about alchemy too!
During a visit to Golden Lane, see Daliborka prison and view of the Stag Moat for stories of Madame de Thebes, Dalibor, alchemists and more. After a short stroll over to St. George’s Basilica and square and then our last stop is St Vitus, the country’s largest cathedral. It took almost six hundred years to build and finish and is named after a child saint that was fried in oil, but during the Middle Ages was infamous for inducing involuntary dance mania, and also protects against oversleeping, lightning strikes and animal bites.
The tour ends in the castle area so you can explore more on your own after the tour.
Inclusions: Private English speaking guide, daily entry ticket to Prague castle sights, many stops for photos and questions
Exclusions: Food and beverages, gratuity/tip.
Infant & Children Policy
Infant: free up to 2 years
Children: free up to 12 years with paying adults
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents or losses / damages.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.