Absolute Prague Small group walking tour Old and New Town, with café stop included! – 3 to 3-5 hours
One walking tour covering all the sights and stories in a small group environment of old and new Prague central area sights.
The most unique and informative walking tour in Prague! Complete overview and history of the Old Town Square, The Astronomical Clock, The old Jewish town, Charles Bridge, The Prague Castle (view only), and a wide range of stories spanning from Prague’s medieval, renaissance, WWII, and Communist eras on this entertaining & interactive walk divulging Prague’s best kept secrets.
- Small groups with a private guide
- Free beverage of choice and delicious Czech snack included*
- Walk through the historical center, medieval back roads, and beautiful squares
- Overview of Prague’s fascinating History and Culture
- Visit to the majestic Old Town Square including the Astrological clock
- A fascinating stroll through the centuries old Jewish area
- The story of Charles Bridge and the Prague Castle
- Detailed stories of Prague’s most famous heroes and villain
Current prices and availabilities are published on our reservation system.online booking
At Absolute Tours Center: 12 Michalska st., Prague 1, Prague (street is written as: Michalská 432/12)
The Absolute Walking Tour - more than churches & castles!
The old and new town Prague walking tour provides an unforgettable tour through the narrow alleys, sweeping squares, and most breathtaking historical sights and monuments in Prague’s center. Our fully trained and educated guides will share with you some of the greatest stories that Prague has to tell along with the historical side of the city and Czech culture.
We start with a walk through the charming back roads and alleyways of the Old Town, past some of the city‘s most famous sculptures and monuments. From here we will come to Wenceslas Square, the flashpoint of the country’s battle against Communism and Fascism in the 20th century. You will hear of the many brave Czechs that fought and sacrificed themselves to bring freedom to their country.
On the way to the heart of the city you will see where Mozart first dazzled Europe with one of his most famous operas and see one of the oldest and greatest universities in Europe, established over 650 years ago!
After we weave our way into the heart of Old Town Square, full of fairy tale churches, ornate architectural gems, and of course the world famous Astronomical clock. Hear stories of Czech battles, Prague’s greatest heroes and villains, and the many unbelievable events that have taken place in the heart of Prague over the past 1000 years.
After our stop in the center we will take a break for a cup of coffee or tea, or a glass of refreshing Czech beer. From our stop we then head into the old Jewish part of Prague, where you will learn about the tragic and amazing history of the Jewish people during their twelve centuries in the city. Hear stories of mystical rabbis, the powerful Golem of the Jewish ghetto, and see the oldest Prague synagogue and cemetery.
The last points of interests and stops will be concluded with a spectacular riverside view and historical account of Prague Castle and the Charles Bridge, two of the city’s most famous and beautiful sights.
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide plus hit them up for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
Inclusions: Private English speaking guide, coffee, tea, or beer, many stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages, gratuity/tip.
Infant & Children Policy
Infant: free up to 2 years
Children: 3-12 years half adult price
13 years and older are charged at student price
Student rate will requre a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents or losses / damages.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.